Signatures in Outlook are a great way to share your contact information with your customers. But sometimes you need to change the email signature in Outlook. You may want to edit your contact details or maybe even select a completely different signature.
Table Of Contents
- Change Signature in Outlook
- Change Signature in Outlook 365
- How to Edit Signature in Outlook
- Wrapping Up
In this article, we are going to take a look at how you can change your signature in Outlook. Not only the Outlook app but also on Outlook Online.
Change Signature in Outlook
In Outlook we can create multiple signatures, which is great because it allows us to use a different signature for each email account. But it also gives us the opportunity to change the signature when we need to send an email from a different entity.
There are a couple of ways to change the signature in Outlook. We can temporarily change the signature for a single message or set a signature in Outlook as default.
If you have multiple signatures in Outlook, and one of them is set as your default signature. Then you can easily change it from the new message screen:
- Open a new message
- Right-Click on the signature in the message
- Select a different signature from the list.
Another way to do this is using the Outlook Ribbon (menu bar):
- Again, open a new message
- Click on Signature in the message tab
- Select the signature that you want to apply in your email
Set a Default Signature in Outlook
If you don’t want to change the signature in every new message, then you can also set the signature as the default signature in Outlook. This way the signature is applied to every new message that you send.
- Open a new message
- Expand signature
- Click on Signatures…
- Select the account for which you want to set the signature
- Select a signature for the new messages and replies
- Click Ok when done
Change Signature in Outlook 365
In Outlook Online we can also have multiple signatures, just like in the desktop app of Outlook. Again, we can change the signature for a single message or set a new default signature in Outlook 365.
Let’s first take a look at how we can change the signature in a single message in Outlook 365. If you already have a default signature in a new message, then you will first need to remove it. Simply select the signature and hit backspace (or delete) on your keyboard.
- Open Outlook Online and click New message
- Click More Options in the bottom toolbar
- Hover over Insert Signature
- Select the signature that you want to add
Set default Signature in Outlook 365
Just like in the Outlook desktop app we can set a signature as default for new messages and reply messages in Outlook 365.
- Click on the gear icon to open the settings pane
- Click on View all Outlook settings at the bottom
- Open Compose and reply
- Set the signature for new message and for replies
- Click Save when done
How to Edit Signature in Outlook
Sometimes you need to edit your signature in Outlook to update your contact information. When you open a new message in Outlook, you probably have noticed that you can edit your signature in the new message window.
The only problem, the change that you made is not saved. So you will need to edit the signature for each new message.
So to make the change permanent you will need to edit the signature in Outlook. You can do this as follows:
- Open a new message in Outlook
- Right-Click on your signature and select Signatures...
- Or select signature > signatures… in the toolbar
- Select the signature you want to edit
- Edit the signature in the editor
- Click Ok the save your edit.
Edit Signature in Outlook 365
We can also edit the signature in Outlook 365, for this you can follow the same steps as described above to set the default signature. Make sure you first select the signature that you want to edit and then make the changes in the editor.
When done, click on save to apply your change.
Changing the signature in Outlook is pretty straightforward as you have seen. If you want to know more about creating beautiful signatures, then make sure you read this article where I explain how you can create HTML signatures.
I hope this article helped you with changing or editing your signature in Outlook. If you have any questions, then just drop a comment below.